Thành Viên Tích Cực
Tổng số bài gửi : 120
Points : 128
Điểm : 1
Birthday : 22/08/1994
Ngày tham gia : 21/04/2009
Đến từ : Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh
Tuổi : 22
|Tiêu đề: Đề thi tuyển lớp 10 môn tiếng anh năm 2008-2009 đây Wed 13 May 2009, 7:13 pm|| |
Bây giờ mình xin post bản tuyển sinh lớp 10 năm 2008-2009 cho các bạn cùng làm và hãy cố gắng đạt trên 8 điểm nhéI. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1. ______there have been many changes in his life, he still remains a nice man to everyone.
2. She complains noisily about anything______ she doesn’t like.
C. about which
3. You seem to be quite good ______ physics.
4. Our house needs to be______.
5. If you saw a UFO, what______ you do?
6. – “Would you like a glass of green tea?”
A. No, let’s not.
B. No, I don’t.
C. No, thanks.
D. No, I wouldn’t.
7. Mr Long often goes swimming______ Sunday morning.
8. We’re good friends. We ______ each other since we were in primary school.
B. have known
C. have been known
9. We wish you______.
A. good luck
D. enjoy yourself
10. The final match of EURO 2008______ on June 30th.
A. will be occurred
B. takes place
D. is going
II. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others. (0.75 pt)
1. A. exactly
2. A. change
3. A. waited
III. Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting (0.75 pt)
1. “Can you help me with my homework?” – “I wish I could but I couldn’t”.
2. The new film has been attracted a lot of people all over the world.
A. The new film
B. has been attracted
C. a lot of people
D. all over the world
3. We want to spend our holiday in a villa by the sea and enjoying sea food.
A. our holiday
IV.Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage(2.0 pts)
Every year many people in the world learn English. Some of them are young children. (1) _______ are teenagers. Many are adults. Some learn at school, and some learn in evening classes. A few learn English by (2) _______ or just by (3) _______ to the language on television or among their friends. Most people must work hard to learn English. (4) _______ do all these people want to learn English? It is difficult to answer that question.
Young children learn English at school to study better at their subject. Many adults learn English because (5)______ of their useful for their work. Teenagers often learn English for their (6) ______ studies, because some of their books are written (7) ______ English at college and university. Other people learn English because they want to read English newspapers or magazines for ( ______ and entertainment.
(1) A. The others
D. Each other
(2) A. them
(3) A. listening
(4) A. What
(5) A. they are
B. it is
C. there is
D. of being
(6) A. taller
(7) A. in
( A. equipment
V. Read the passage, then decide if the statements that follow are True - False. (1.0 pt)
Thí sinh viết đầy đủ từ True hoặc False vào ô trả lời:
“My name if Phil. I’m from Canada. I’m living in a flat in HCM city, where I am taking a Vietnamese course. It’s my first time abroad. I am sharing the flat with another student called Dev. We have known each other for just some months, since we entered the class. Dev is from Germany. We study in the same group. Dev had studied Vietnamese before he came here. So he can speak a little Vietnamese. We go to class in the morning, so in the afternoon we have time to work in groups. Dev helps me a lot not only in my study but also in my daily life. We often practise speaking Vietnamese and do our homework together. Thanks to his help, I have made big progress in speaking and listening as well. Last week we had a test and I did a really good job. Our papers will be returned tomorrow. And I hope that we will get good marks. I’m very happy to have a friend like Dev.”
1. This is the first time Phil has been in a foreign country. TRUE
2. Dev, Phil’s new friend, is Canadian. FALSE
3. Phil can now speak better Vietnamese then Dev can. FALSE
4. In Phil’s opinion, Dev is a helpful friend. TRUE
VI. Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence. (1.0 pt)
1. There are a lot of sightseers at tourist attractions in Ho Chi Minh city. (SIGHTSEE)
2. He felt disappointed because he lost the match. (DISAPPOINT)
3. She drives carefully, so she has never caused an accident. (CARE)
4. Teachers now give more freedom to their students in classroom activities. (FREE)
VII. Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before them. (2.0pts)
1. The children are excited about going to the circus.
® The children are looking ____________________
2. She talks too much in class.
® I wish____________________
3. When did you start learning English?
® How long____________________
4. The teacher said, “Let us elect Ha Long Bay to be one of the World Wonders.”
® The teacher suggested that Ha Long Bay ____________________